Thursday, March 1, 2007

Yesturday i was complaining about folks I work with to my friend. The individuals who were causing me distress I consider to be spoiled brats who care for nothing and no one but themselves. My friend shared the following story........

The Man and the Scorpion
There was this town in which a major flood was about to occur
and a man saw a scorpion would not survive
if he were to stay where he was located.
So the man tries to relocate the scorpion.
Every attempt the man made at this relocation of the scorpion,
the scorpion stung him.
This went on for quite some time.
A passerby observed this man's actions and called out to him:
"Why do you keep trying to help that scorpion
when you know all he's going to do is sting you".
The man replied
"Because I no harm will come to this scorpion if I don't help him."
The man passing by responded:
"What is the point of trying to save the scorpion when it does want to be saved".
The man replied
"It is not that the scorpion does not want to be saved,
it is that it is apart of his nature to sting."
Futhermore the man replied
"And it is in my nature to help those who need help,
even when it may cause me to be stung."
I still feel the same way about my co-workers, yet this story offered me comfort. Maybe they are just acting within their nature.

No comments: