Sunday, September 30, 2007

The newest life lesson I have learned is, to truly love someone you have to love without conditions. Just love. I understand why my grandmother loves each member of our family equally. No matter your statue, whether you've made all the right decisions in life or all of the wrong ones.

I get it now why my mother is my best friend. No matter how much our opinions differ she has been my rock, the solid foundation she has provided me is the greatest gift of all time. It feels so good to know that no matter what I do she will always be there.

I also have begun to understand why I have a need to be there for someone I choose to refer to as person A. Person A and I have been friends for quite some time. It's close to five years. Over the years we have had our good times and bad like any normal friendship. The thing is the entire time we have been friends Ive had to try and justify why I am friends with this person. My family and friends all question me constantly. I could never really explain it to them why this friendship meant so much to me. I'm starting though now to get it, and it feels really good. Good that I didn't let others convince me to give up on someone I truly care for. Yes person A is not perfect, but no one is. As our friendship grows I learn who I truly am and furthermore that I actually like who I am. This is healthy for me, because for quite sometime I've been feeling like I lost myself.
So to person A I want to say you're always thanking me for being there for you and telling me how wonderful I am, but it's you who is truly the amazing one. I will enjoy the next five years and five more after that. I'm sure our friendship will last a lifetime, and I thank you for that..............

I can't help but marvel how different our world would be if folks really loved as many people as they claim to love..........

No comments: