Thursday, April 19, 2007

My Confession

Baby I have something to tell you,
You might want to take a seat.
How do I right a wrong,
A wrong I never thought I was able to commit.

Baby I swear I hear your heart breaking,
I wish there was an easy way to mend it.
I want you to know my love for you was always true.
Not that it means much now to you.

Baby I can't take the way your voice quivers,
Every time you ask me why,
Why I had to do this to us.
Never you, always us.

Baby do you remember the good times?
Whenever you had a hard day I'd take you in my arms
Doing my best to comfort you,
Putting your sole at rest.
I want to take you in my arms now,
But I don't....

Baby I have never seen you cry,
But now every time I look into your once strong eyes
They are always filled with hurt.
It's there I see the manifestation of my betrayal
Mocking my despair.

Baby I want to ask for one more chance,
A chance to continue our journey together.
Staying true to our bond of forever.

Baby please hold your head up,
Don't let it hang low with shame.
It is I who carries the blame.

Baby I pray I have not broken your heart forever.
You deserve someone so much better.
A woman who appreciates your everything.
Someone who can be with you and only you.

Baby you tell me over and over again,
You don't deserve this.
On this baby we agree.
You should have known better....
than to fall in love with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I know who your talking about....if I'm right you two will b back together but it's gonna take time