Monday, April 2, 2007

Matters of the Heart

I can't believe what I'm about to say.
It's only been twenty two years I've spent on this earth,
and the last six have caused my condition.
I don't get sick very often so it makes since the the ailement I have isn't easily cured.
At this point you must be wondering what I have.
First let me say I don't think it's contagious,
and many who have suffered my ailement have been cured.
All right here it is I have been diagnosed with a broken heart.
Some of the symptoms of this condition are unbearable.
You have pains that are so strong and come from so deep within, you become imobilized.
You cry as though your eyes are not eyes at all but two waterfalls ever flowing.
I find myself trying to remember good times,
times of laughter and smiling to make it through the day.
I feel as though nothing will mend it,
and the worst part about it is knowing there is only one who holds the cure.
I know now why I fought myself so hard when it came to loving another.
When you give your heart it's not cherised as the precious gem that it is.
It's tarnished over and over again until it becomes a blackened color.
Each transgressor leaving their stain forever.

No comments: