Saturday, April 7, 2007

Watching Them Grow

Last night I got to spend quality time with my god-daughter Nicole(13) and my god-son Jordan(3). They have grown so much in the last few years it's amazing. Nicole has become such a young woman I can't believe it. I remember the days when she was a newborn baby cooing in my arms. One of my favorite memories of her has to be when she was about two years old. Then enjoying her new walking legs. As soon as her mother unstrapped her from her car seat she climbed out of the car and ran straight to me with the most beautiful smile I've ever seen. Those cute little white sandals and her green dress with the yellow flowers....She has grown so much.

Nicole is now taller than me and gorgeous. I love the fact that her beauty hasn't changed her. She's still a sweet heart inside and out. She reminds me a lot of myself at her age. I just hope she survives high school without to much blood shed ;). Her mother can't take it that her first born is no longer a baby she sounds so much like a parent when she refers to Nicole it's scary.

Jordan has the most infectious laugh ever. My dad was playing peak-a-boo with him last night and he just laughed and laughed. His energy filled the entire room. I love children when they are at his age. They are so free....no question is too silly, whatever they observe they say. It was so cute last night we were watching the news and their was a clip of a train wreck. My mom made the comment "they are lucky only sixteen people died in a wreck like that" and Jordan turns from the television with this look of great concern on his face and says "yeah" to my mom's comment. No one even knew he was paying attention to what was on the t.v.

I can't help but feel bad for wanting to slow both Jordan and Nicole's growth but it seems like every time I see them they've grown so much. I want them to enjoy their youth as much as possible cause we all know it wont last forever.......Wow I sound like my mom :)!!!!

5 comments:

kauban said...

I've seen men and women in their late years and they still carry their youth with them. Youth never really disappear, if one can carry the same tenderness and vitality through the years. Therein lies your problem my dear. As a mother, you have to guide them through crazy waters and help them "retain their youth." You have done so. I'm pretty sure you can also be there for them.

kauban said...

Thanks for everything, btw!!! :)

Lady S said...

I hope so! I never want them to loose who they are, especially in this world where so many vicious attacks will occur to break them, and mold them into something robotic like.

kauban said...

what?@#$ is it war now? is it war now?!! grrrr.....!

Lady S said...

War?!?!? What did I say? ;)