Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Today is my god daughter's birthday and her dad actually came to the family dinner. The first time in fourteen years. I mean it's better late than never, at least that's what the old folks say. It was very uneasy having him there especially for her. When I arrived at the dinner she was placed at the head of the table between her parents and it wasn't until she lead the blessing of the food that I saw her smile. I wonder what was going on through her head....I've never seen her so uncomfortable! I know I'm not over reacting because my mom a.k.a my conscience caught wind of her discomfort too.
I was pissed at her mom for paying so much attention to her ex-lover, especially on Nikki's day, but who am I to judge my girl's behavior. It was awkward for the three of them that was obvious but at least this day finally came.
I know Nicole has never felt unloved but there is nothing like the bond between a father and a daughter....
Now that I got all that out the way I enjoyed my three alcoholic beverages which did the trick. I was the social butterfly of the table....I just hope Nikki wasn't too embarrassed

No comments: